Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Really Rough Day...
Well, yesterday was quite the day...the kind you just grin and bear and hope it comes to an end. After meeting with my 5 am biking client I dropped off the kids, met with two other in-home clients and by a little after 11 picked up the kids and was off to the hospital to see my mother-in-law. She had emergency surgery last night that lasted 6 hours! But...on the way to the hospital I got a ticket for speeding (in my dad's Explorer- because our car was in the shop for repairs). Then, after the hospital on the way home , in a very busy intersection, the car's transmission went!
So...leaving the car in the turning lane and getting the kids out of the car we crossed the busy intersection to the "Uno's" parking lot in Schaumburg. Two wonderful ladies gave us their cell phone to use and gave us a few water bottles..the temp was about 93 degrees. I called my sister and her husband, who live very close to where I was, to pick us up. I felt terrible calling her because it was their wedding anniversary!!
This is where it gets interesting...
So as the kids and I walked into "Uno's" the manager and the hostess were wonderful and asked if they could help me with anything. Just then a guy in his mid 20's with a very muscular build himself, jumps up with a big smile and asks if I am "Jennifer Abrams" and then says.."I'm a fan of yours"! At this point that was about the last thing I could have imagined someone would say to me;) I was hot, sweaty, looked terrible and probably made the worst impression imaginable. But with all that said..two guys who worked at the restaurant and the guy who had just come up to me went out in the middle of the intersection and pushed the car into the gas station parking lot across the street! What a gift!
I was so impressed and appreciative of their kindness and help!!
Jeremiah Zahn, Gustavo Delara and the very humble, Damon- who's name I had to get from the young lady he was with, ...I am so grateful for your help!!!
Yah know, even when it rains there is always sun shining somewhere if you allow yourself to see it. The world is filled with great people and I was reminded of that yesterday as my life was a bit crazy.
After we finally got home I received a vhs tape from a member of my site from the Ms. Olympia 2004...it was a great day to receive that motivation and I have been watching it off and on since yesterday:) Thank you Evan!
To finish the night off I had one last client at 9 pm.
So..Today will be a better day! I was off from lifting yesterday so today is shoulders and calves and some cardio. I did some biking this morning while watching the Olympia tape and will do some stairs after lifting today.
I haven't been cardio crazy up to this point but need a bit more
to be ready for the Jr. Nationals by next week.
Taking the kids swimming after my training and no clients today...
so it will be a great day to enjoy;)
I hope my mother-in-law is feeling a bit better today as well..
she has been through a lot!! We love you!
And to my sister and her hubby..I hope you two had a very romantic evening out..thank you so much for helping me yesterday!!!!
Jen;)