Friday, December 02, 2005

The Christmas Season Has Arrived...
The stockings are hung, our Christmas tree is a glow...
The garland is lit and the candles are a flickering...
Our home is Alive with the spirit of Christmas!

The past week has been filled with tree lighting, house decorating, writting my annual Christmas letter/card, cookie eating and spending some quality time with my husband. As the weather has gotten colder, the house has gotten warmer. A few days off from work for my husband gave us time to train together at the gym and decorate the house together. It has been so long since we've gone to the gym together..it was really nice to have my training partner again from before the kids were born;)
The kids are so excited about everything. The magic of Christmas burns so bright in their eyes!
Now that I am truely back to being 'me' again, my bodyfat back to where my body likes it to be and my hormone levels back to normal as well, my sensitivity to all things hightens. I really sence the difference in myself..the calm that returns, my gentler side returning as I hang up the "hard driven gloves" for the time. My training is still heavy and my strength is really unbelievable ..useless strength my husband calls it..LOL! Training hard and then being able to fuel up is such a wonderful thing..I am just enjoying everything right now...
Life, my husband, the kids, training, eating and all the 'little' things that are going on around me.
Little Wade and I came down with an upper respiratory cold yesturday:( I am doing ok, a little less peppy than usual and a cough but still able to run with my new client outside..I know I'm pushin' it but I am just so excited about her new goals for herself, and want to keep her going..I don't want to be the road block to break her momentumn;)
Wade seems to be better today but yesturday was not;( He was just precious last night...like I said..I am really feeling everything right now... I find all my sences to be at hightened awareness. We were making soup from scratch and he stood at the stove and helped me with it all..every piece of chicken, every vegetable, every spice and little dough ball to go into the pot...It was really a special moment:)
Then I tucked him into bed and watched part of a movie with Alyssa. About an hour and a half later as Alyssa brushed her teeth I heard little whimpering sounds from his room and him calling.."Mom" in a very raspy voice. Wade is always the kid who jumps right out of bed, kicks down the gate in his doorway (the gate is to alarm us he's UP!) , and is on his merry way. So to walk in his room, see him on his bed weak and not even wanting to get out of bed really scared me. His chest was very congested and it was very painful for him to cough. The vicks pad on his chest just wasn't working. I took him in the bathroom and steamed it up to help loosen up the cough a bit and then slept propped up on the couch with him on my chest all night..like when he was a newborn.
It's so sad to see them so sick but there is a small part of you that really feels good being the one to ease the pain and help them feel safe. I have so many memories of my mom taking care of me when I was so sick with athsma as a child.
We slept through the night that way and the elevation of him sleeping on me seems to have helped..today he is doing much better:)
Well, time to go....not sure what we are doing tonight yet...
Jen;)