Wednesday, March 15, 2006

OK -I'm Back Again...
With More News To Share...
Alright, back home for the night finally...whooo I have a wild schedule:) After the Brownie field trip, I took Alyssa to gymnastics, then worked out with "Jen" 2 weeks out from Ottawa;)- Quads and Biceps tonight with her and I trained chest today...but all is good because no cardio today...tomorrow is another story, just like Monday and Tuesday were....ahhh contest prep:)

Soo the news...I am very honored to share that I have been asked to guest speak at an all- girls substance abuse rehabilitation center in April. For those of you who do not know, in high school I did a lot of public speaking for the Snow Ball and Snow Flake programs on substance abuse...I then led a peer group my Jr./Sr. years in high school to aide other students who needed guidence and help..It was an unbelievable experience and to say it was rewarding would be the understatement of all time. Therefore, to have the opportunity to do something like this again is quite incredible!!
Afterall, what I have to offer now, compared to back then is tramendous...
Having the opportunity to make a difference in a young person's life has more power than an adults..at such a tender age, at a point in their lives when so much of who they are and who they will become depends apon who they believe themselves to be...I will help them see their capacity, if just for a moment..the possibility that they are soo much more than what they have accepted themselves as thus far...
like I said...what an opportunity and honor! The gentleman who contacted me about this is actually an NPC judge who judged one of my competitions last year and came to see me guest perform in Novemeber.

The next bit of news..I have 2 photo shoots set up for New York already. One immediately following pre-judging with Reg Bradford and then a 2 day shoot with WPW magazine/Flex after the competition weekend. Considering WPW usually does not cover the Team U I feel very fortunate for them to be making the trip to shoot me at my best! Thank you Bill!
I look forward to working with you all...John N., Steve W.,Barry B...
it should be a lot of fun..ohh yahh and Bill... my husband and I will be sure to send some truffles back to New Jersey for ya..LOL!!
Night-nite everyone!
Jen;)