Thursday, April 17, 2008


My Words For Today...
What magic will you bestow upon me today...
the sound of your laughter so vibrant and contagious,
the swiftness of your new found skills, testing my speed daily as I catch you before you fall...sometimes not quick enough...
your babble from behind my seat "ma-ma-ma" as the wind sweeps your voice through the car and into my ears...
the urgency of your cry when you are telling me it's time to eat or change you...
followed by your playful, squirmy kicking and energy as I try pathetically to keep you still...
ahhh playing is more fun than dressing anyway!
The scent of your skin as I carry you through the day, picking you up and down.
Soaked with bath water because you figured out how to turn the shower on during your bath...
The pitter-patter of your knees and feet in the house as you explore one end to the other...leaving a trail behind you...more gifts for mom...
The warmth of your head and shoulders against my chest as you close your eyes and drift off to sleep...listening to your breath in the stillness...
I wrestle with the idea of just staying there on the couch asleep with you in my arms all night...knowing for your sake and mine I must take you to your crib for your goodnight's rest.
Sweet dreams my precious boy...
until tomorrow when you bestow your magic upon my life another precious day!

Jennifer Abrams- a.k.a. "Ma-ma-ma"