Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Every now and then I receive an e-mail than reaffirms why I started this website. I received such a message last night and would like to share with you a part of what this incredible woman had to say...

"Hi Jennifer,
I just wanted to tell you that you have been an inspiration to me through some rough times.
I lost my mother and father in a car accident last year, and this year my husband to cancer.
I have used the gym as an escape, and am hoping to do my first competition in the spring.
I was wondering if there was any way I could get a signed photo to put up on my wall in my training room.
I appreciate all your time and your dedication to fitness.
"

I was extremely touched by her short but sincere note! Tears came to my eyes as I pondered the journey this incredible woman had been on over the past few years. I asked permission to share her words with all of you in hopes that it would bring each of you a moment to be thankful for all the gifts in your lives, and to remind all of you that each of you holds the power to overcome whatever obstacles you encounter on your own personal journeys.

I personally have not stopped thinking about this woman since I read her e-mail. She has impacted me...just those few moments and I am changed ever so slightly from what I read, felt and reflected upon.

Amazing how that is.. and how each of YOU have the power to do that for one another.

I thank all of you who have been inspired by what I am doing and continue to use that inspiration for good in your lives and the lives of those around you.

That has always been my dream...to make a difference!! I know one of my dear friends out there shares my dream and inspires me to fulfill mine each and every day!

Have a productive day everyone...I'll be thinking of all of you as I reach for my next goal!

Jennifer Lynn