Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Little of My Own...
The silence...
The stillness of night...
Echos of the voices and waves of the day's people, places and things...
The whirlwind of messy faces, sticky hands...
Runny noses, broken crayons...
Pizza left behind the couch...
The humming continues, only shadows remain...
Put the pieces back together and leave others for a fresh day...
My self-inflicted beaten body...
The spirit that dwells within...
Left with only tears of exhaustion from the tramendous efforts bestowed apon...
A mortal frame redefined...
Two echoeing voices calling out...
The body controlled by a driven mind...
Driven by what..
Driven by passion..desire...strength...weakness...artistry...inspiration...
The music sooths me, takes me to a place within...
Reconnects me with who I am...
Replenishing my spirit..my soul...
So when the light touches the earth...
The glass, will be full for all to drink, once again....
The silence...
The music...

By: Jennifer L. Abrams