Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Inspired "Thank You" Letter I Received...
There are two things I have wanted since I was a very young girl...
to be a mother and to inspire and impact others...this letter reminds me that I live those dreams every single day! Thank you Susi!!
"Hi Jennifer,
My name is Susi (short for Susanne), I am a proud mother of two little boys, 1 and 2 years old. I am 31 years of age!! We once had a very brief email conversation - I believe that was when I was pregnant with the first one. A good friend of mine whom you know as well - Gerhard - showed me your website.
Prior to my two pregnancies I was training very intensively, I am from a tracks and field's background and have found my love and passion for fitness and bodybuilding a couple of years ago. I was just about to embark on the - long and hard!!! :-) - journey of giving competing a try when I got pregnant for the first time.
Things did not always go smoothly and I forgot about many important things in life - including you and bodybuilding. But while cleaning up my mailbox a couple of weeks ago I stumbled across your name, looked at your website - WOW!!! It hit me like a hammer!!!
Realizing you had a 3rd baby and are now "back in the ring" convinced me:
I WANT THIS AS WELL!!! AND IF I WANT IT BADLY ENOUGH I CAN DO IT!!!!!
I have one great reason for writing to you, Jennifer:
Simply to thank you!!!
I am sure you don't even realize how much of an inspiration, of a motivation you are for someone who has just given birth twice as well, who was - and actually still is- totally out of shape and is sometimes close to feeling very depressed about it!!! But through your dedication, your love and passion for the sport, your drive and willpower I have come to realize what can be achieved!!

Whenever I look at your pics they literally make me scream "I want to look this way as well!!" They - and therefore you - have since given me training and in many ways my life a totally new sense of direction and somehow have helped me to rediscover myself!!!
Even if I cannot be physically a member of Team Abrams - I am one by heart!!!
THANK YOU FOR THIS - THANK YOU FOR BEING JENNIFER ABRAMS!!!!!

I showed my husband your page - and could tell he was very impressed!!!!
God bless you, Jennifer Abrams!! You are a wonderful and ever so inspirational person!!!
Susi"