Thursday, September 30, 2004

I Would Like To Share With You My Journey...
It has been a long road regaining myself after the birth of our son! I am NOT someone who instantly looks great after having a baby although I carry a pregnancy exceptionally well and feel incredible just about the entire term. I LOVE being pregnant!! It took me about 5 1/2 months to regain myself after the birth of my daughter when I was 23 years old. I gained 34 lbs with her and nursed for 13 months. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. at birth.
My son was a different story! My BIG BOY weighed 10 lbs when he was born and I gained 50 lbs. at 28 years old. In the photo below I am 9 months pregnant with him and weigh 210 lbs. It took me 10 1/2 months to regain myself after my son and I nursed him for 12 months!
I would like to share with you the hard work the photos below represent. There were times along the way I was frustrated and impatient. I knew I wanted to put on some muscle as I slowly lost my pregnancy weight...but I also knew my weight would come off more slowly. Well...my patience and plan worked!! Take a look at the photos below and you will see...the first photo I am 9 months pregnant with Wade- 210 lbs just days before delivery. The next 4 pictures represent the transition I have made in the last 10 weeks.
My hat goes off to all you "mom's" out there who know what it's like to finally be back in your own body again after having a baby....and for the "dad's" who told your wife/ girlfriend how beautiful she was as she cried about hating her body!!!
Jen;)