Monday, August 02, 2004

I HAVE VERY EXCITING NEWS! Our daughter made the Jets today! She had a gymnastics evaluation this afternoon at her training gym and she will be training with the pre-team girls beginning in two weeks! Two hours twice a week so it will take some getting used to. She is currently going twice a week for one hour classes.
MOMMY & DADDY are SOOO PROUD of YOU ALYSSA!!!
I have some great news to report about my workout today as well... I completed my last two sets of straight-leg dead lifts with 200 lbs! I also completed feet forward glut/hamstring squats on the Smith Machine with 185/ 3 sets! 3 sets of seated hamstring curls and then biceps. I finished my last two sets of standing preacher curls with 75 lbs (7 reps each set) and then finished off with seated incline and upright curls. I have been training sets of 10 for several months now and I am pleased with the progress I am making. I will soon go into a higher rep phase and up my cardio.
I leave you tonight with a quote to ponder...it is fitting with the days events:)
"After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me,
to look back on the distance I have come.
But I can rest only for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities,
and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not yet ended." ``Nelson Mandela
Beautiful!! Have a great night!
Jen:)